SOME OF MY MOST RECENT WORK...
I am currently working on a number of exciting projects including:
- Working with the leadership team of a very special and successful Hotel to grow their competence and confidence
- Working with the Leadership team of a Hotel Group to develop their product and services
- Working with the owners of a business in developing both their operational plan and longer strategy
- Working with a developer on bringing an exciting concept to the York area that includes feasibility, brand, and pre opening work
SMALL BUSINESS PEER NETWORKS
In partnership with the Y&NY Business Growth Hub and fellow business owner and coach Andrea Morrison we have developed and set up "Your Small Business Board Ltd"
No gimmicks, no games, no clever models, just honest conversations about issues and opportunities that may be keeping you awake at night
CHAIR OF THE WELCOME TO YORKSHIRE AMBASSADORS
Welcome to Yorkshire, the region’s tourism marketing agency, has relaunched an Ambassador programme to help support its objectives over the next few years. Drawn from all areas of Yorkshire, they will support a range of different sectors within the wider economy as the region continues its recovery
For Hotels, venues, stadiums, attractions, destinations, restaurants, pub companies…
The Hospitality Partnership has changed, or pivoted, in 2020 speak! In response, and to support the changes and challenges faced by our industry. With a general lack of resource due to cutbacks in permanent staff, early retirement, furlough and recruitment budgets slashed, many companies are looking to reduce costs and source alternative, sales and various of business solutions to be able to continue to operate and hit budget.
Hospitality businesses are keen to explore working differently, continue to operate effectively, thrive and flourish, whilst being cost effective and without the loss of productivity or a decline in results.
THE ALOFT LIVERPOOL
5 meeting rooms
NYL Restaurant & Bar
This project saw the transformation of a nineteenth century Insurance building in the heart of the City.
As the very first Aloft in the UK there was significant Brand, owner and press interest.
I led the operational, product development and commercial side of this project whilst working for Redefine BDL in collaboration with the owner and brand.
I worked with commercial team and the brand owner to develop and deliver a strategy that led to profitability and market share within its first year.
THE GRAND COOKERY SCHOOL
The brief was compelling; to utilise a large basement space that would help improve owner returns. This would be done by further enhancing to The Grands reputation and creating a new stream of income / reason to stay.
Through working with the Groups development team, cookery school consultant Rob Cottam and recruiting a fantastic Head Chef tutor a space and experience has been created that is truly unique.
I worked with a leading UK Hotel Group to ensure they opened on time, safely and profitably.
It was important that the Groups guests, team and visitors all felt safe in returning to the business.
This was done through:
1) Completing a Risk Assessment in line with UK Hospitality and HSE guidelines.
2) Completing SOP's (safe operating procedures) that outlined how the business would operate. They included systems, procedures, equipment, behavioural changes, signage, audit and documentation.
3) Training in and implementing the SOP's whilst actively supporting once the business was re opened.
4) Ensuring that the message via the Groups website was clear, accurate and compelling.
5) Implementing a Covid Board to continuously review and refresh the SOP's and Risk Assessments as required.
THE GRAND JUNIOR BOARD
The most successful businesses know that their people are at the heart of what they do. They instinctively know that investing in their people is "the right thing to do.
I created the Junior Board to bring together a group of talented individuals who all wanted to learn, impact the business and have some fun.
A monthly Board meeting was held along with supporting development sessions and visits by senior and influential people in the area.
During their time we completed:
- 5 x mentor sessions
- Reduced single use plastic by 86 % attracting multiple PR, guest and media interest.
- Held the first "Grand Green summit" with local suppliers.
More importantly the success has been in seeing the members grow in confidence, be promoted and critically retain their skill, creativity and enthusiasm.
YORK HOSPITALITY EXPO
I came up with the idea to put on the first York Hospitality Expo in response to the difficulty the industry has always had in both attracting and retaining talent and helping people understand that the industry can be a great career.
Working with York BID, the York Hospitality Association and the Tourism business the first Expo was put on as part of York business week.
- Speakers including Linda Moir - formerly with London 2012 & Virgin Atlantic
- John Atherton - former COO McDonalds UK
- The first "Junior panel" made up of those taking their first steps in the Industry
- It attracted the highest attendance in the business week.
- Achieved significant sponsorship from LNER, York Racecourse, York University, Lupton Fawcett and the National Railway museum